A partnership to transform high school learning.
Carnegie + XQ Partnership
XQ and the Carnegie Foundation announced a path-breaking partnership to catalyze and co-construct a new educational “architecture” to support secondary school transformation across the United States and the globe at the 2022 Carnegie Summit. In 2023, XQ returned to San Diego from April 23-25 for the 2023 Carnegie Summit.
Explore XQ’s High School Redesign Journey and XQ Learning resources to transform high schools in your community.
High School Redesign Resources
Dive into real-time lessons from innovative DC high schools, Cardozo and Dunbar, with tools and resources to get inspired and do the work in your community.
- Discover what a high school design journey can look like with the XQ Journey Map.
- Explore what the high school design journey can look like and how success is achieved with the XQ Journey Guide.
- Browse XQ’s collection of open-source tools and resources that empower communities to come together for high school transformation with the XQ Tools Guide.
XQ Learning Resources
Explore a new architecture for learning that prepares students for all the future has to offer! Sign up to learn more about how to pilot these tools at your school.
• Transform high school learning so that every student graduates ready to succeed in life. Download our XQ Learning Guide.
• Redefine Student Success with XQ Competencies, a new way to define, capture, and certify learning. Learn how with our Blog Overview, XQ Competency Cards*, XQ Competency Cards User Guide*, and XQ Competency Notepads. (*Print double-sided.)
• Design your own learning experiences that prepare young people for all the future has to offer. Download our CF+XQ LX Design Brief.
• Go deep on math with a project-based curriculum that activates and upgrades students’ math knowledge—and their enthusiasm for learning. Learn more about XQ Math.
About the Partnership
XQ and the Carnegie Foundation have launched a path-breaking partnership to catalyze and co-construct a new educational “architecture” to support secondary school transformation across the United States and the globe. Our goal is to liberate learning from the confines of a time-based system—fueled by the latest research in neuroscience and learning sciences—to prepare young people for all the future has to offer. This new architecture requires investing in the creation of new building blocks: clear and persuasive learner outcomes; powerful learning experiences aligned with those outcomes; new student performance frameworks; technology-enabled badging, assessment, and transcript systems to validate, credential, and codify what young people learn; and mold-breaking designs for teaching, learning, and schools. This new architecture will shape the future of learning.
There’s a role for you in developing, piloting, and improving CF+XQ Learning Experiences. We’d love to stay in touch about opportunities to create, explore, and learn together.