Out with the old, and in with the new.
BIG news! We designed and launched a new digital content site and online community called Rethink Together. You’ll find feature articles, videos, a discussion forum, student challenges, and more!
To give you a taste of all that’s available to you, we organized this special issue of Give Me Five around the content categories you can find on the site: High School Redesign, High School & Society, High School Life, and Beyond High School Graduation.
Check out the links below or head straight over to Rethink Together for all this and more!
1. INNOVATE: High School Redesign
Redesigning high school is about imagining, innovating, and improving.
Why it matters: Here at XQ, we’re focused on creating meaningful, engaged learningexperiences for every student. We want every student to be genuinely engaged in their education and graduate high school feeling accomplished, inspired, and ready to take on the world.
In this category, we curated dozens of resources to inspire a change in education.
Interested in High School Redesign? Check these out:
- Building Equitable Practices in Schools in the Midst of COVID-19
- School Reopening Resources, Tips, and Examples for Educators
- The Anti-Racist Guide to New School Hires
- How to Build Strong Relationships with Students Using Culturally Responsive Teaching
2. CHANGE: High School & Society
High school plays a big role in our education system and in our culture at large.
Why it matters: High school does not exist in a vacuum. It’s part of our interconnected world. Why is high school best positioned as leverage to create a more just future? Here are a few ideas:
- Connecting Individual Actions to Systematic Change: An Interview with Professor Rich Milner
- Evolving the Common App: The First Step Toward Anti-Racist College Admissions
- It’s Time to Start Decolonizing America’s History Textbooks
3. AMPLIFY: High School Life
The high school experience goes far beyond the classroom.
Why it matters: We want all students to feel supported and for their voices to be heard. Whether it’s activism, entrepreneurship, or life during COVID-19, we’re amplifying the student experience so students can share their unique stories and inspire others.
Here’s are some examples of what you’ll find in High School Life:
- Social Emotional Learning & Why it Matters in the Wake of COVID-19
- Student Shares All: How to Support Students with Disabilities
- Students Share What It’s Like to Learn in an Innovative High School
4. PREPARE: Beyond High School Graduation
As educators, we have the power to set students up for success in college, career, and life.
Why it matters: We can prepare students for college before they even apply. We can help them explore their passions and find a career path that’s right for them. We can set them up with crucial life skills that lead to life-long success.
Looking to help your students thrive beyond graduation? Here’s what you’ll find in this category:
- Student Success in College Starts in High School
- 5 Resources for College Planning During COVID-19
- How to Write A Powerful College Application Essay
- A Guide on How to Pay for College
5. INSPIRE: Educator Resources on the New XQ
Are you ready to make a change, but aren’t sure how?
Why it matters: We’ve compiled dozens of resources, tips, and conversations with fellow educators, experts, and activists to support you throughout your teaching journey.
Here you’ll find:
And so much more!
Introducing the XQ Challenge! 🎉
This December, we are launching the first XQ Challenge, a digital learning experience that offers badges for students who complete the work. XQ Challenges will invite students ages 13-21 to delve deeply into learning, discovering, and nurturing their passions through unique creative experiences.