Vote Now for #XQMistyChallenge dances!
The #XQMistyChallenge invited students ages 13-21 to tell their story through dance. Students used the XQ Challenge song, “You’re Gonna Make It,” and choreographed their own dances. Now it’s time to vote! Head to the Dance Gallery below to start voting.
- Challenge opens: May 19
- Submission deadline: June 9
- Voting period: June 10-23
- Winners announced: June 30
- Anyone can vote—you just need to sign up for a Rethink Together account
- You can vote on up to 5 different dances a day
- Top upvoted submissions win prizes
- First 100 submissions get a $20 Visa gift card
- Up to 20 lucky creators will receive exclusive feedback from Misty Copeland and earn a slot in a reaction video
- Top 5 upvoted submissions may select from two prize options (gift packages value of $599)
- Option A: In-home digital video studio equipment that includes GoPro Hero 9 Bundle including floating hand grip, magnetic swivel clip, spare battery, 32GB SD card, camera case, and backpack, and Adobe Creative Suite Subscription
- Option B: In-home digital art studio equipment that includes an Apple iPad Mini, an Apple Pencil, and Adobe Creative Suite subscription
Get Inspired by Misty Copeland
About Misty Copeland
Born in Kansas City, Missouri and raised in San Pedro, California, Misty Copeland began her ballet studies at the late age of thirteen. At fifteen, she won first place in the Music Center Spotlight Awards. She studied at the San Francisco Ballet School and American Ballet Theatre’s Summer Intensive on full scholarship and was declared ABT’s National Coca-Cola Scholar in 2000. Misty joined ABT’s Studio Company in September 2000, joined American Ballet Theatre as a member of the corps de ballet in April 2001, and in August 2007 became the company’s second African American female Soloist and the first in two decades. In June 2015, Misty was promoted to principal dancer, making her the first African American woman to ever be promoted to the position in the company’s 75-year history.