These Students Won the XQ #MakeASongChallenge
Students from across the country submitted original songs about issues close to them. Here's how music professionals reacted to them.
Oakland-based musical group SOL Development reacts to top songs from the XQ #MakeASongChallenge. Students from across the country created an original song bringing attention to an issue close to their heart. Winners received home studio equipment and more! The next #Artivism challenge starts March 17th with New Orleans artist BMike Odums. Sign up today at xqchallenge.com!
Want to check out the full songs?
- Problems of the Public & Fears of the Private by Fausto Guzman
- Brick Wall by Vanessa Perez
- what did u mean when u said normal? by Violet Woodbeck
- Burned at the Stake by Madison Skeldon
- Love Surrounds You; Don’t Surrender by Drew Kardos
- How It Used to Be by Sarah Epley
- Toxic Emotions by Emry Herring, Jesus Garcia, and Jhaiell Kilgore
- Internalized Tr@nsfobia by Maya Leone
- Levels by Corneria Greer
- Target by Daniel Triggs
- Black in America by Isaiah Hightower & Paris Simone
Browse the full music gallery here.